10. Moldova have never qualified for a major international tournament since their FIFA admission in 1994. They have only ever met England twice, losing both games, and are 10.00 to record their first win on Friday.
9. England beat Moldova 3-0 and 4-0 in Group 2 of World Cup ’98 qualifying. Roy Hodgson’s side are 1.28 to win the game and 1.75 to be leading at half time.
8. Their first clash against Moldova was Glenn Hoddle’s first ever game as England boss and David Beckham’s first cap back in September 1996. Nicky Barmby, Paul Gascoigne and Alan Shearer all scored in a comfortable victory and England are 9.25 to win 3-0 once again.
7. Moldova finished bottom of France ’98 qualifying Group 2 that year while England topped the table conceding just two goals in eight games. Hodgson’s side are 1.40 to top Group H this campaign.
6. England have scored twice in just three of their last 10 matches and haven’t put four past an opposition defence since beating Bulgaria 4-0 in September 2010. Roy Hodgson’s side are 2.15 to score in both halves with the game priced at 6.00 to exceed four goals.
5. Midfielder Steven Gerrard provided the joint-most assists at Euro 2012, setting up three of England’s goals in Ukraine with two coming in the first half of matches. England are 1.75 to be winning at half time and 6.50 to be 2-0 up by the break.
4. England were the third-worst team for ball possession at Euro 2012 (43%) and averaged just 4.75 shots on target per game this summer. Nevertheless, Hodgson’s side are priced at 1.22 to net first in Chisinau.
3. Moldova have not scored an international goal since their 4-0 victory over San Marino in October 2011. Midfielder Denis Zmeu opened the scoring and his nation is 4.00 to score first on Friday evening.
2. England have not had a man sent off in 10 international fixtures, since Wayne Rooney saw a straight red during a 2-2 draw with Montenegro last year. A price of 3.75 can be backed for another dismissal in Moldova.
1. Of the 11 England games Joe Hart played in last season, England won seven with three draws and a single defeat. Hart kept six clean sheets during this period and is 1.78 not to concede again.
Match Odds: Moldova 10.00 The Draw 5.00 England 1.28