10. This will be the first World Cup encounter between the Italy and Costa Rica. Italy are favourites to win at 1.48.
9. However, the Italians have not won their second World Cup match at any of the last three tournaments. Costa Rica can be backed at 7.00 to win.
8. The nations’ only previous meeting was a friendly in 1994, which Italy won 1-0. A repeat of that scoreline is priced at 6.00.
7. Costa Rica have won just two of their last seven games, drawing one and losing four. Italy are 1.09 to either win or draw on the Double Chance.
6. Italy’s win against England was their only victory in eight matches. Costa Rica are 2.65 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
5. Cesare Prandelli’s side drew six of those eight games. A share of the points is available at 4.20.
Watch Mario Balotelli's goals against Ireland and Germany at Euro 2012:
4. Costa Rica have scored in each of their six World Cup fixtures against nations from within UEFA. An Italian clean sheet can be backed at 1.82.
3. Italy boast the best current scoring run in the tournament, finding the net in each of their last 15 World Cup games. Costa Rica are priced at 5.50 to keep them out.
2. Mario Balotelli netted Italy’s winner against England. The striker is 3.95 to open the scoring.
1. Balotelli was Italy’s top scorer in the qualifiers with five goals. He also scored three times at Euro 2012, and is 5.00 to score two or more against Costa Rica.
Bet on Italy v Costa Rica now.