10. England go into their fourth World Cup qualifier having only ever lost once to their opponents Poland – a 2-0 defeat in 1973 under Sir Alf Ramsey. Roy Hodgson’s side are favourites at 1.90 to win in Warsaw.
9. Other than that solitary victory, Poland have lost ten and drawn six against England. A victory for Waldemar Fornalik’s team on Tuesday night is available at 4.00.
8. Poland are, however, unbeaten in the qualifying campaign so far, having drawn 2-2 against Montenegro and beaten Moldova 2-0. England, who sit top of Group H, have drawn one of their three games. A draw at the National Stadium can be backed at 3.30.
7. The last meeting between the two nations – a World Cup qualifier in 2005 – ended in a 2-1 England victory at Old Trafford. A repeat of that 2-1 winning scoreline for England is available at 9.00.
6. England captain Steven Gerrard is set to make his 99th international appearance after serving a one-match ban last week. The Liverpool midfielder is priced at 3.70 to mark the occasion with a goal.
5. Polish defender Jakub Wawrzyniak scored his first international goal in his country’s 2-0 victory over Moldova last month. Wawrzyniak is available at 40.00 to score the opener at the National Stadium.
4. Having beaten Moldova 2-0 in their previous World Cup qualifying outing, Poland can be backed at 6.50 to win without conceding a goal.
3. England were also victorious in their last World Cup qualifier, beating San Marino 5-0 just last week. Hodgson’s men are available at 3.50 to win without conceding a goal again.
2. Robert Lewandowski has found the net three times for Borussia Dortmund in the current Bundesliga campaign, and has scored 15 goals for Poland in his career. The striker can be backed at 15.00 to score at least two goals on Tuesday night.
1. Manchester United frontman Wayne Rooney, who captained England against San Marino, struck twice to overtake Tom Finney, Nat Lofthouse and Alan Shearer in the England all-time scoring ranks, taking his total up to 31 goals. The striker is priced at 1.50 not to bag a goal against Poland.