10. Gleneagles hosts the 40th instalment of the Ryder Cup this weekend. Team USA boast 25 wins, 12 defeats and two draws since the inaugural tournament in 1927 and are 2.65 to beat Europe again.
9. Europe, however, have won seven of the last nine Ryder Cups and are undefeated in their last four ‘home’ outings. Europe are 1.48 to lift the trophy on Sunday night.
8. Three of the last seven Ryder Cups have finished 14.5-13.5 on points — the smallest possible winning margin. This score has also decided the last two tournaments. A draw is priced at 12.00
7. Paul McGinley is the first irishman in history to captain Team Europe, since its inception in 1979. Europe are 2.00 to be leading after day one.
6. USA captain Tom Watson has played four previous Ryder Cups and won it as a captain in 1993 at the Belfry. USA are 2.35 to win day two.
Watch the final stages of the Miracle at Medinah:
5. Scotland has hosted the Ryder Cup just once before, at Muirfield in 1973. USA beat Great Britain and Ireland 19-13. Europe are 2.40 to again lose the singles in Scotland.
4. Rory McIlroy played all five matches of the 2012 Ryder Cup in Medinah, winning three. The Northern Irishman is 1.45 to play all five again.
3. Debutant Victor Dubuisson boasts just one career tournament win (2013 Turkish Airlines Open) and a highest major finish of tied seventh at the PGA Championship this summer. The Frenchman is 2.25 to play fewer than 2.5 matches.
2. USA top seed Bubba Watson has played eight Ryder Cup matches (across 2010 and 2012) yet won just three times. The 35-year-old is 19.00 to bet top points scorer.
1. Rickie Fowler has finished within the top five of all four majors this year yet has not won a PGA Tour trophy since May 2012. The Californian is 6.00 favourite to finish top USA points scorer.
Bet on the 2014 Ryder Cup