10. Defending champion Many Clouds could become the first horse since Red Rum in 1974 to win back-to-back Grand Nationals. He won his last race at Kempton last month and is 9.00 favourite to win.
9. Many Clouds was the youngest horse (8) to win the Grand National since Bindaree (also 8) back in 2002. The oldest horse to win in that period was Amberleigh House (12) in 2004. Seven-year-old Onenightinvienna is 41.00 to win.
8. French horse Saint Are came second at the 2015 Grand National but has not won a Grade 1 race since that race. The 10-year-old is 15.00 to win.
7. Only three favourites since 1999 have won the Grand National, the most recent being AP McCoy on Don’t Push It (11.00 starting price) in 2010. Joint-favourite The Last Samurai is 9.00 to win.
6. Leighton Aspell has ridden winners at the last two Grand Nationals and again rides Many Clouds this Saturday. No jockey has ever won three Nationals in a row. Many Clouds won by 1 3/4 lengths last time and a price of 2.88 is available for any win of under 2 1/2 lengths.
5. Trainer Paul Nicholls has only once won the Grand National (Neptune Collonges in 2012). Since that victory he has fielded there or more horses in each race and has six running this time. His favourite, Silviniaco Conti, is 12.00 to win.
4. No winner in each of the last five Grand Nationals has had starting prices below 15.00. Odds of 2.75 are available for a winner this year below that price.
3. Five of the 40 runners at the Grand National this year have been trained by women. The last woman trainer to win was Sue Smith in 2013 (Auroras Encoure) and Venetia Williams, who has Aachen (101.00) and Katenko (67.00) won in 2009 (Mon Mome). A female trainer to win the National is priced at 17.00.
2. 2015 favourite Shutthefrontdoor was ridden by 20-time Champions Jockey AP McCoy in his final National last year but finished fifth. The Jonjo O’Neill-trained nine-year-old won the 2014 Irish Grand National and is 17.00 to win here.
1. Jockey Richard Johnson holds the record for the most Grand National rides (19) without winning the race. Johnson rides German-bred Kruzhlinin and is 26.00 to win on his 20th attempt.