It’s the final day of the York Ebor meeting, and the race which bares its name, the Ebor, takes centre stage at 3.50pm.
But don’t forget that tomorrow is also the final Summer Windsor meeting, and we will have our usual number of special offers for racing at the Unibet-sponsored track.
The Ebor has been run on the Knavesmire since 1843, and takes its name from the Roman name for York, Eboracum.
Only one favourite has won the Ebor in the last 15 runnings (Purple Moon in 2007), but punters have piled into the Sir Mark Prescott trained Pallasator, who is now 7/2 favourite with Unibet.
Pallasator was recently bought by Qatar Racing having won at Ascot – and he remains a very short price in what is the richest staying handicap in Europe. New connections obviously think Pallasator is a Group horse masquerading as a handicapper; and so far, punters agree.
Unibet will be price boosting EVERY horse in the Ebor – as well EVERY horse as the Melrose Stakes (2.40 York).
Over at Windsor, Richard Hughes will try to cut Ryan Moore’s lead in the course’s jockey’s title. Moore, who leads by three, is not at the Unibet-sponsored track tomorrow – but he is still the 4/6 favourite to ride most winners there this season, with Hughes at 6/5.
And we’ll be price boosting all of Hughes’ – and Richard Hannon’s – bookings at Windsor tomorrow night.
This weekend’s special offers:
• We’ll be price-boosting at least one horse in the show in ALL SEVEN Ch4 races
• We’re offering 1/3 Odds a place 1-2, on ALL 5/6/7 Runner Handicaps
Enhanced Channel 4 Multiples
• 18/1 - Captain Cat (15.30 Goodwood), Pallasator (15.50 York)
• 45/1 - Farraaj (14.05 York), Captain Cat (15.30 Goodwood), Pallasator (15.50 York)
• 66/1 - Baitha Alga (15.15 York), Captain Cat (15.30 Goodwood), Pallasator (15.50 York)
Channel 4 Jockey Doubles
• 16/1 - Andrea Antzeni
• 33/1 - Ryan Moore
• 40/1 - Paul Hanagan