10. Serena Williams is the 1.80 favourite to defend her US Open crown after winning her last three Grand Slam finals.
9. The American beat Victoria Azarenka, who was making her first Grand Slam final appearance, 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 at Flushing Meadows last year (see below). Williams is 6.00 to finish runner-up this time.
8. World number two Azarenka has won two of her three hard-court major finals (both at the Australian Open). The 24-year-old is 7.00 to win a maiden US Open crown.
7. Maria Sharapova has split with her coach Jimmy Connors after just one match. The Russian lost in her opening clash of the Cincinnati Open to Sloane Stephens and is 8.00 to win in New York.
6. Sharapova hasn’t made the final at Flushing Meadows since winning the title in 2006. Since then she’s made the second week once (in 2012).
5. World number four Agnieszka Radwanska made the Wimbledon semi-finals this summer yet has never progressed past the US Open fourth round. The Pole has nine hard-court titles to her name, however, and is 25.00 to claim this major.
4. Twenty-year-old Stephens made the semi-finals at Melbourne in January, her best Grand Slam result to date. The American is 35.00 to win her home major title.
3. British number one Laura Robson is yet to win a title this season, her best Grand Slam finish a fourth-round exit at Wimbledon. The 19-year-old is 145.00 to win here.
2. Melbourne marked the first Grand Slam final berth for Li Na since the Chinese world number five won the French Open in 2011. Li made the semis in Toronto, won Shenzhen and is 25.00 to claim the US Open crown.
1. Petra Kvitova has won 20 of 32 Grand Slam matches on hard; her best finish a semi-final berth at the 2012 Australian Open. Kvitova is 4.50 to exit at the last four.
See our full range of US Open bets.