10. Ian Poulter has participated in four previous Ryder Cup tournaments (2004, ’08, ’10 & ’12). Europe have won three of these with Poulter in their roster and are 1.50 to win again.
9. Poulter has played a total of 15 Ryder Cup matches, boasting a W12 L3 record. He is 13.00 to finish top points scorer.
8. In singles Poulter is undefeated (W4 L0) and beat Webb Simpson by two at Medinah in 2012. He is 7.00 to be top European points scorer.
7. Poulter also went undefeated from four matches at Medinah. He is 13.00 to be last out in the singles.
6. Before Medinah, Poulter had lost all of his opening matches from his three previous Ryder Cup outings. He is 8.00 to hit the first shot for Team Europe.
Watch Ian Poulter and Justin Rose tee off vs Webb Simpson and Bubba Watson in Saturday’s morning foursomes at Medinah in 2012:
5. Poulter’s best result at a major this season was tied 17th at the US Open and he last won a Tour event in 2012 (the WGC-HSBC Champions). He is 17.00 to score the least points for Europe.
4. Poulter has not lost a previous match to a single player on this USA Ryder Cup team (Furyk, Fowler, Mickelson, Kuchar, Simpson and Watson). He is 2.65 to play +4.5 matches at Gleneagles.
3. Poulter’s worst Ryder Cup defeat was in his debut match, a 4&3 fourballs loss with Darren Clarke to Tiger Woods and Chris Riley in 2004. Europe are 2.00 to be winning after day one.
2. Poulter’s worst record is in fourballs, where he has lost two of his six Matches. He is 2.05 to score fewer points than Keegan Bradley.
1. Only twice in 15 previous Ryder Cup matches has Poulter’s round gone down to one hole. A price of 1.70 is available for over 16.5 total matches going to the 17th.
Bet on the 2014 Ryder Cup